Sunday, January 31, 2016

What's on Your Plate

One of the questions I get asked the most often is in relation to my diet. A lot of people have the misconception that I eat bird food all day or that because I stick to healthy foods they are automatically boring. 

Yes, I do stick to healthy foods because I am not just concerned with the aesthetic look of my body, I also want to treat the inside of my body well too. I am asked on a daily basis from my coworkers, "What are you eating? That smells so good!"  I am here to show you it is all in how you prepare your food and finding your inner food creativity!

BEFORE MOVING ON: Please know that just because this is working for me it DOES NOT mean it will work for you. All of our bodies react differently than one another and most people would gain weight on the diet I follow.

Meal #1: 8:00 am



Peanut Butter Banana Strawberry Smoothie. Yes, I do drink all of it. Yes, I know it is a lot, 40 ounces to be exact.

What's in it?

Almond milk, frozen strawberries, peanut butter banana protein powder and almond butter.

I accompany this with some green tea!

Meal #2: 10:00 am


I am obsessed with this stuffed sweet potato, if I could eat this for every meal I would! 

What's in it?

Sweet Potato, Chicken, Blue Cheese Yogurt Dressing and sometimes topped with cheddar cheese! I also like to add Mrs. Dash southwest chipotle seasoning, yum!

       Meal #3: 12:00 pm


This is my oatmeal creation from the heavens, I know it may look unappealing to some but don't judge a book by its cover! It tastes like a dessert and is sweetened naturally with bananas so no need to add sugar.

What's in it?

Oatmeal, vanilla whey protein isolate, unsweetened cocoa powder, almond butter, bananas.

Meal #4: 3:00 pm
Chicken Salad! 

What's in it? Salad, chicken, tomatoes, baby bella mushrooms, cucumbers, avocado and cilantro avocado yogurt dressing.

Meal #5: 5:30 pm


What's in it?

Chicken, broccoli and sweet potato. I season this with the Mrs. Dash no salt seasoning, usually a  southwest chipotle or garlic and herb seasoning.

In addition to my meals I drink throughout the day 1 gallon of water. It may be annoying to pee all the time but I would rather be hydrated.

Try and see what creations you can make with healthy and nutritious foods, your body will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment