Friday, December 11, 2015

The Beginning

 
I have always been one to push my self to the limit. I strive to be challenged. Looking back on my life experiences that have pushed me to my max, I realize those are the moments that have shaped me into who I am today.
 
I am in a new chapter of my life and still trying to figure out what exactly I want. I go through ups and downs just like anyone else and when I find myself on a downslope I try to find a goal to focus on to push aside the negativity.
 
So here I am writing this blog to document my most recent adventure, competing in my first NPC Bikini Competition.
  
I have always been an active person ever since I was younger. While my nutrition may have not been up to par alongside with my active lifestyle, the past few years I have been able to find a much better balance of the two. I wanted to achieve something that went alongside with my passions in life, so it was a no brainer putting nutrition and fitness together.  
 
One week ago I decided to seek out a coach to see what I would be committing myself to for the next 5 months. Through social media I found Jeremiah at Team Fit Physique. Scrolling through photos of the competitors he had coached my eyes were glued to the screen and I instantly knew I wanted him to be my coach.
 
During our meet we talked about the general details, took my weight, body fat and a few before photos. Here I am at 16.5% bf, not too bad, eh?

 
At the end of our meet he let me know if I wanted to shop around for a coach he understood. I felt no pressure from him what-so-ever and he made me feel comfortable, which can be difficult when you are posing for a stranger in your itty-bitty bathing suit. Without hesitation I said yes, sign me up!
 
I am truly excited to share over the next 5 months my thoughts, frustrations, as well as any other emotions that accompany this new journey of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment